Kourabiedes (Greek Christmas Butter Cookies)
Ενεργός χρόνος: 15 minutes Συνολικός χρόνος: 3 h and 30 min. Μερίδες: 30 pieces Κατηγορία: medium
- 300 gr. sugar
- 125 gr. blanched almonds
- 250 gr. butter, unsalted
- 25 gr. ouzo
- 350 gr. flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C . Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place 150 gr. sugar into mixing bowl 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Repeat with the remaining 150 gr. sugar.
- Place almonds into the mixing bowl and grind 5 sec/speed 5. Scatter the almonds over the baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place butter and 50 gr. of the prepared powdered sugar and blend mix 5 min/speed 2.5. Add ouzo and mix 10 sec/speed 2.5. Add flour and baking powder and knead 1 min/kneading speed. Add the almonds and knead 30 sec/ kneading speed.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the baking tray in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat of the oven up to 180°C.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to completely cool and dust generously with the remaining 250 gr. sugar.