Anchovies with green beans
Ενεργός χρόνος: 20 minutes Συνολικός χρόνος: 50 minutes Μερίδες: 6 portions Κατηγορία: easy
- 500 gr fresh anchovies, gutted and butterflied
- 80 gr olive oil and some extra for greasing
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slices (0,2cm)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ lemon, cut into slices (0,5cm)
- 500 gr water
- 500 gr green beans, fresh or defrosted
- 15 gr balsamico
- 1 tsp mustard
- 200 gr cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Rinse anchovies and pat dry with paper towels. Grease 4 rectangles of baking paper (30 cm x 40 cm) with olive oil and place the anchovies on the center of each piece of baking paper. Season the fish with ½ tsp salt, 20 gr olive oil, slices of 1 garlic clove, oregano and cover with lemon slices. Fold up baking paper lengthwise, then twist the ends to form parcels. Place parcels seam side up, 2 in Varoma dish and 2 on Varoma tray.
- Place water in mixing bowl, insert simmering basket and add green beans to it. Season with ½ tsp salt and 10 gr olive oil. Set Varoma in position and steam 25 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove Varoma and keep aside. Remove simmering basket using spatula and transfer cooked beans to a serving plate. Discard cooking liquid.
- Place remaining 50 gr olive oil, balsamico, mustard and slices of the 2nd garlic clove and blend 5 sec/speed 8. Add cherry tomatoes to green beans, drizzle with sauce and serve alongside cooked anchovies you left aside.
- If the anchovies are small, reduce steaming time by 5 minutes.
- Use sardines instead of anchovies.