Asian rice with vegetables
Ενεργός χρόνος: 5 minutes Συνολικός χρόνος: 30 minutes Μερίδες: 6 portions Κατηγορία: easy
- 100 gr. onions, cut in half
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 50 gr. olive oil
- 100 gr. carrots, cut in slices (1 cm)
- 200 gr. peas, fresh or thawed
- 100 gr. sweetcorn, thawed
- 1000 gr. water
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock paste
- 350 gr. basmati rice
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Place onions, garlic & 30 gr. olive oil in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add the carrots and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer to Varoma dish, add the peas and the sweetcorn and set aside.
- Place water, vegetable stock paste and the remaining 20 gr. olive oil in mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket, weigh in rice, place Varoma into position and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 4.
- In the meantime, line the Varoma tray with baking paper with enough to go 2 cm up the sides, grease with oil, place beaten eggs onto prepared Varoma tray and season with ¼ tsp salt and pepper.
- Carefully remove Varoma lid, insert Varoma tray into Varoma dish, close and steam 6 min/Varoma/speed 4.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and transfer rice to a large bowl. Cut steamed eggs into thin strips, add them to the bowl with rice, along with the steamed vegetables, soy sauce, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Mix well with spatula and serve immediately.